Everything You Need to Know to Launch a Successful Fire Service Career
Rookie the Book:The Original Rookie’s Guide to a Successful Fire Service Career is the perfect guide for anyone considering a career in the fire service, anyone who has recently been hired on to a fire department and anyone who has a loved one in the fire service. This comprehensive guide provides a detailed description of the rookie’s job, how to earn the respect of your colleagues, Station Officers and other superiors and the citizens in which you will serve in your career as a fire fighter, as well as the detailed nuances of the job that no one has ever told you about … until now. If you are considering a career in fire service, Rookie the Book should be on the top of your must-read list.
In your fire service career, you will be a rookie, but you never have to be an amateur.
You will learn …
- The real job description of a rookie firefighter/paramedic.
- The “do’s & don’ts” of rookie life.
- What to expect from station life.
- How to prepare & cook healthy meals that taste good on a budget.
- How to prioritize & accomplish station projects.
- Essential safety tips for yourself, your apparatus and your fellow fire service members.
- The importance of continuing your education and a practical schedule for doing so.
- How to take care of your physical and mental health & stress management tips.